1 Hand Chart for XYY syndrome!
XYY syndrome - a.k.a. Jacobs syndrome - concerns a relatively harmless genetic condition in which a human male has an extra male (Y) chromosome, giving a total of 47 chromosomes instead of the more usual 46. This produces a 47,XYY karyotype. Some medical geneticists question whether the term "syndrome" is appropriate for this condition, for, its clinical phenotype is normal; the vast majority of XYY males do not know their karyotype. Learning problems and delayed development of speech and language skills are about 3x higher in this population, despite normal/above average IQ.
Prevalence: close to 1 in 1,000 male births have XYY syndrome.
One very superficial hand chart is available for XYY syndrome describing only 2 characteristics in the dermatoglyphics, involving: 1) increased arches, 2) decrease of total ridge count - see picture below.
NOTICE: Individual hand features described below should not get associated in isolation with any theme; only combinations involving multiple hand levels have potential for diagnostic purposes.
Handbook of Clinical Dermatoglyphs (1971), p.43;
authors: M.S. Elbualy & J.D. Schindeler
Other significant hand signs (not reported inside the hand chart):
XYY syndrome is also featured with a relative low frequency of palmar patterns (with a relatively high percentage for ID2), but a t' or t'' triradius may be present almost twice more often (source: Rodewald & Zankl, 1981; p.99).
XYY syndrome is associated with: weak muscle tone (hypotonia), hand tremors or other involuntary movements (motor tics) (source: Genetics Home Reference).
Clinodactyly involving the fifth finger is also often present (source: Bardsley et all, 2013).
All significant hand signs listed above for XYY syndrome together cover only two out of the nine perspectives of the hand as defined according Multi-Perspective Hand Reading (including hand level 2, 5 & 8).
A summary of the most significant hand sign combinations in XYY syndrome (Jacobs syndrome) is described here:
Decoding the language of the hand:
hand sign combinations in XYY syndrome!
Hand charts are available for many other diagnostic issues;
start browsing HERE
SCIENTIFIC HAND CHARTS: Introduction
Hand charts for Big Five personality dimensions:
• Hand chart(s) for Agreeableness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) for Conscientiousness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) for Extraversion (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) Neuroticism (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) Openness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
Hand charts for diseases:
• Hand charts for hypercalcemia (1 in 4,000 people)
Hand charts for syndromes:
• Hand charts for arthrogryposis (1 in 10,000 people)
• Hand charts for cri-du-chat syndrome (1 in 30,000 people)
• Hand charts for Down syndrome (1 in 700 live births)
• Hand charts for Edwards syndrome (1 in 6,000 live births)
• Hand charts for fetal alcolhol syndrome (1 in 500 people)
• Hand charts for fragile-X syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Holt-Oram syndrome (1 in 100,000 live b.)
• Hand charts for Kabuki syndrome (1 in 32,000 people)
• Hand charts for Klinefelter syndrome (1 in 1000 males)
• Hand charts for de Lange syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Marfan syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Patau syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Prader-Willi syndrome (1 in 15,000 births)
• Hand charts for Rubella syndrome (1 in 100,000 people)
• Hand charts for Rubinstein syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for SLOS (1 in 40,000 births)
• Hand charts for Turner syndrome (1 in 2,000 female births)
• Hand charts for Warkany syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for Williams syndrome (1 in 14,000 births)
• Hand charts for Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome (1 in 50,000 b.)
• Hand charts for XXYY syndrome (1 in 30,000 male births)
• Hand charts for XYY syndrome (1 in 1,000 male births)
• Hand charts for 18 deletion syndromes (2 in 40,000 live b.)
NOTICE: Reflexology hand charts are not included in this section because the scientific foundation of any of such charts is actually unknown; nevertheless, you can read more about the fundamentals of such charts HERE.
Other charts & maps:
• Fingerprints world map
• Hand reading experts world map
• Hand reflexology charts