2 Hand Charts for Klinefelter syndrome!
Klinefelter syndrome (= XXY syndrome) is a genetic condition in which a human male has an extra male (Y) chromosome, giving a total of 47 chromosomes instead of the more usual 46. This produces a 47,XXY karyotype.
Prevalence: occurs every 1 in 1,000 male births.
Two hand charts are available for Klinefelter syndrome describing the significance of various typical dermatoglyphic features often combined with an incomplete simian line (= single transverse flexion crease) - see pictures below.
NOTICE: Individual hand features described below should not get associated in isolation with any theme; only combinations involving multiple hand levels have potential for diagnostic purposes.
Hautleistenfibel (1981), p.93;
authors: A. Rodewald & H. Zankl
Handbook of Clinical Dermatoglyphs (1971), p.41;
authors: M.S. Elbualy & J.D. Schindeler
Other significant hand signs (not reported inside the hand chart):
Klinefelter's syndrome has also been associated with tremor, but reports on tremor phenomenology and treatment are limited (source: M.L. Rabin et al., 2015).
Various studies report high occurence of left-handedness in KS males, but there are also studies which report conflicting results - so the effect is likely small (source: R. Boada et al., 2009).
Hand length & finger length are often short (source: D. Stemkens et al., 2006).
One study reports: "KS males have mean 2D:4D values similar to those found in female population norms" and "short fingers relative to height in KS males" (source: J.T. Manning et al., 2013). Higher 2D:4D values in KS have also been confirmed in a Danish study (S. Chang et al, 2014).
All significant hand signs listed above for Klinefelter syndrome together cover five out of the nine perspectives of the hand as defined according Multi-Perspective Hand Reading (including hand level 1, 2, 5, 8 & 9).
A summary of the most significant hand sign combinations in Klinefelter syndrome is described here:
Decoding the language of the hand:
hand sign combinations in Klinefelter syndrome!
Hand charts are available for many other diagnostic issues;
start browsing HERE
SCIENTIFIC HAND CHARTS: Introduction
Hand charts for Big Five personality dimensions:
• Hand chart(s) for Agreeableness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) for Conscientiousness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) for Extraversion (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) Neuroticism (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) Openness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
Hand charts for diseases:
• Hand charts for hypercalcemia (1 in 4,000 people)
Hand charts for syndromes:
• Hand charts for arthrogryposis (1 in 10,000 people)
• Hand charts for cri-du-chat syndrome (1 in 30,000 people)
• Hand charts for Down syndrome (1 in 700 live births)
• Hand charts for Edwards syndrome (1 in 6,000 live births)
• Hand charts for fetal alcolhol syndrome (1 in 500 people)
• Hand charts for fragile-X syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Holt-Oram syndrome (1 in 100,000 live b.)
• Hand charts for Kabuki syndrome (1 in 32,000 people)
• Hand charts for Klinefelter syndrome (1 in 1000 males)
• Hand charts for de Lange syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Marfan syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Patau syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Prader-Willi syndrome (1 in 15,000 births)
• Hand charts for Rubella syndrome (1 in 100,000 people)
• Hand charts for Rubinstein syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for SLOS (1 in 40,000 births)
• Hand charts for Turner syndrome (1 in 2,000 female births)
• Hand charts for Warkany syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for Williams syndrome (1 in 14,000 births)
• Hand charts for Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome (1 in 50,000 b.)
• Hand charts for XXYY syndrome (1 in 30,000 male births)
• Hand charts for XYY syndrome (1 in 1,000 male births)
• Hand charts for 18 deletion syndromes (2 in 40,000 live b.)
NOTICE: Reflexology hand charts are not included in this section because the scientific foundation of any of such charts is actually unknown; nevertheless, you can read more about the fundamentals of such charts HERE.
Other charts & maps:
• Fingerprints world map
• Hand reading experts world map
• Hand reflexology charts