6 Hand Charts for Down syndrome!
Down syndrome (DS), also called Trisomy 21, is a condition in which extra genetic material causes delays in the way a child develops, both mentally and physically.
Prevalence: estimated at 1 in 700 live births.
Quite a few detailed hand charts are available for Down syndrome; most charts describe the significance of various typical features inside especially the dermatoglyphics, which manifest often combined with a simian line (= single transverse flexion crease) and/or Sydney line and/or a single interphalangeal crease on the pinky finger.
(The first hand chart below also illustrates the significance of various proportions & the hand size in Down syndrome)
NOTICE: Individual hand features described below should not get associated in isolation with any theme; only combinations involving multiple hand levels have potential for diagnostic purposes.
Down syndrome & the Hand: 32 Hand Signs (2013);
author: M. van Mensvoort
Down syndrome (trisomy 21) & the hand system according Multi-Perspective Palm Reading! (2013); author: M. van Mensvoort
Dermatoglyphics in Medical Disorders (1976), p.148;
authors: B. Schaumann & M. Alter
Hautleistenfibel (1981), p.48;
authors: A. Rodewald & H. Zankl
Handbook of Clinical Dermatoglyphs (1971), p.31;
authors: M.S. Elbualy & J.D. Schindeler
Finger-prints, palms and chromosomes. Nature, march 9, p.933-938;
author: L.S. Penrose
Other significant hand signs (not reported inside the hand charts):
Inside the first- and most detailed hand chart for Down syndrome 27 hand signs are being reported; however the article where this hand chart is presented actually already describes 32 hand signs in Down syndrome.
All significant hand signs listed above for Down syndrome together cover seven out of the nine perspectives of the hand as defined according Multi-Perspective Hand Reading (including hand level 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 & 9).
A summary of the most significant hand sign combinations in Down syndrome is described here:
Decoding the language of the hand:
hand sign combinations in Down syndrome!
are present below:
Hand charts are available for many other diagnostic issues;
start browsing HERE
SCIENTIFIC HAND CHARTS: Introduction
Hand charts for Big Five personality dimensions:
• Hand chart(s) for Agreeableness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) for Conscientiousness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) for Extraversion (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) Neuroticism (2x: 1 in 4 people)
• Hand chart(s) Openness (2x: 1 in 4 people)
Hand charts for diseases:
• Hand charts for hypercalcemia (1 in 4,000 people)
Hand charts for syndromes:
• Hand charts for arthrogryposis (1 in 10,000 people)
• Hand charts for cri-du-chat syndrome (1 in 30,000 people)
• Hand charts for Down syndrome (1 in 700 live births)
• Hand charts for Edwards syndrome (1 in 6,000 live births)
• Hand charts for fetal alcolhol syndrome (1 in 500 people)
• Hand charts for fragile-X syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Holt-Oram syndrome (1 in 100,000 live b.)
• Hand charts for Kabuki syndrome (1 in 32,000 people)
• Hand charts for Klinefelter syndrome (1 in 1000 males)
• Hand charts for de Lange syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Marfan syndrome (1 in 5,000 people)
• Hand charts for Patau syndrome (1 in 15,000 live births)
• Hand charts for Prader-Willi syndrome (1 in 15,000 births)
• Hand charts for Rubella syndrome (1 in 100,000 people)
• Hand charts for Rubinstein syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for SLOS (1 in 40,000 births)
• Hand charts for Turner syndrome (1 in 2,000 female births)
• Hand charts for Warkany syndrome (1 in 200,000 births)
• Hand charts for Williams syndrome (1 in 14,000 births)
• Hand charts for Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome (1 in 50,000 b.)
• Hand charts for XXYY syndrome (1 in 30,000 male births)
• Hand charts for XYY syndrome (1 in 1,000 male births)
• Hand charts for 18 deletion syndromes (2 in 40,000 live b.)
NOTICE: Reflexology hand charts are not included in this section because the scientific foundation of any of such charts is actually unknown; nevertheless, you can read more about the fundamentals of such charts HERE.
Other charts & maps:
• Fingerprints world map
• Hand reading experts world map
• Hand reflexology charts